You wanna see me freak the "F" out? Well, have someone run over my sweet pup. You'll hear everything from "OMG" to "WTF?" between the hystericals sobbing of, "my baby, my baby." I have no dignity when something happens to my dogs. Frankie was such a big boy to go outside all my himself for the very first time. Less than a minute later, I hear the sound every pet owner dreads! The screams of an injured animal. *Sniffle* It took me about a millisecond to lose my composure and run out yelling at the idiot who ran him over. He's a very nice man but he deserves the idiot on this one. "I saw him by the back tire, I tried to shoo him away," he says. My mature response was, "oh did ya, is he a fucking fly?" So, anywho...I rush to the vets office, sobbing uncontrollably. They take him from my arms and drug him up, take some xrays...yep, broken femur and dislocated hip. This is not an easy fix I'm told. The fracture includes the growth plate...this is the worst age a puppy can fracture his leg...you'll have to go to Sun Valley first thing in the morning and have orthopaedic surgery done to repair this leg. Not to worry about the cost, I'll do anything for my babies. Ironically, I only paid $175 for Frankie.
My sweet, Daisy dog was there with me for moral support. She freaking hates Frankie, but the second he's injured she rushes in like a mother hen. Whining and crying and licking his face.
Post op Frankers. He was so brave and strong. I know, I'm an idiot dog lover. Thank God for little doggy narcotics. I wouldn't have made it through without them.



No comments:
Post a Comment